Halloween star Jamie Lee Curtis is coming clean about her history with addiction. Curtis tells People that she was actually addicted to pain killers for a decade, starting in 1989.
“I was ahead of the curve of the opiate epidemic,” Curtis said. “I had a 10-year run, stealing, conniving. No one knew. No one.” She explained that she was prescribed opiates after minor plastic surgery.
Curtis’ father Tony Curtis also battled substance abuse, struggling with addiction to cocaine, alcohol and heroin. Her half-brother Nicholas Curtis died of a heroin overdose in 1994.
“I'm breaking the cycle that has basically destroyed the lives of generations in my family,” she said in her interview with People. “Getting sober remains my single greatest accomplishment… bigger than my husband, bigger than both of my children and bigger than any work, success, failure. Anything.”
Source: Pulse of Radio